Millions of users are now angry from Facebook’s privacy policies. It has swept through social networking sites after leaking information from more than 50 million Facebook social networking users, and despite the denials of Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook site has been collecting user data and selling it to third-parties. Due to this issue, widespread and angry reactions due to privacy problems have increased. Many people are now eager to delete Facebook account permanently and deactivate Facebook account. Considering this issue, I have decided to provide you with a step by step guide to delete your Facebook account easily.
Why would you need to delete Facebook account?
As I mentioned before, Facebook data leak has become very controversial these days and this fact can be reason enough for many people to be looking for the way to delete Facebook account. Also, you might just be feeling tired of Facebook and you might be no longer willing to use this website. If this is the case, it is very important that you delete your account before you stop using Facebook. In fact, one of the most important Facebook security tips is that you delete your account in order to stop hackers from accessing your data wile your are not active in your account.
Delete Facebook account permanently
There are many reasons why you may want to delete your Facebook account. If you decide to permanently delete your account, and no matter how many reasons you stop your addiction to the Blue World, whether you delete your Facebook account, you should know that you will not be able to reactivate it again or restore its content. It can take up to 90 days for Facebook to delete everything you’ve posted to your account, such as photos, status updates, or any data that has been backed up. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Before deleting your account you may want to back up your information from Facebook before deleting the account. To do so, choose Settings and choose Download a copy of your data via Facebook.
- To start the process of permanently deleting Facebook, click on the Facebook delete account link to begin deleting your Facebook account permanently.
- Confirm that you want to delete your Facebook account by clicking on the Delete Account icon.
- Then a new icon will appear asking you to type the text you see, enter the symbols you see in front of you, and then press OK.
How to delete Facebook pages on mobile phones
If you tend to use your Facebook account on your mobile phone and not your computer, here are the steps you need to take in order to delete your account on your smart phone:
- After you have logged into your Facebook application on your Android phone, click on the options icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will see a list of the many options available. Choose Pages from this list. Select the name of your page that you want to delete through the application and the window will open for you.
- From the page window, click on the three dots on the top right of the page and then choose Settings, and from the settings choose General.
- With the General option, look for the Delete page option, and then click Delete the name of your page.
- . After clicking the Delete Page option, your page will be placed in deletion mode and will remain for 14 days and then be permanently deleted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not log in to your account for 14 days from the date you submit the deletion request until the account is permanently deleted.
How to delete Facebook account temporarily on computer
How do I deactivate a Facebook account or how do I disable Facebook? A question that many users ask recently. You can temporarily disable your Facebook account by going to the side menu and choose Settings, click the General option and then choose Account Management, Disable or Deactivate account. Then you will be asked to enter reasons to cancel activation of your account. Choose the reasons you see fit and then click OK. You will then be asked to enter the password for your account, enter it and then the account will be disabled. If you want to go back to use Facebook again, just sign in and then the account will be activated automatically.