The popular instant messaging and calling application, Skype, has a lot of users around the world, and every day the number of users increases. It is very useful to have a Skype account on your computer or your mobile device, but there are times when you no longer want to use a particular Skype account because you have a new account and you no longer need the old one. It is worth mentioning that Skype has its own policy in the management of user accounts so far has not provided a formal way to delete the account, but provided an effective way to cancel the Skype account and and delete personal data. In this article, I will provide you with a step by step guide on how you can delete Skype account.
Why is it necessary to delete Skype account if you no longer want to use it?
You might think if you no longer want to use your Skype account, removing the application from your phone or your computer would be enough. But the fact is, if you don’t want to use your Skype account any longer, it is very important to delete your account before you uninstall the application. That is because if you just uninstall the application, your Skype account will be left there unattended and this will create the chance for others to hack Skype account and steal your data. Considering this, if you don’t need your Skype account, make sure to delete your account and personal data before you uninstall the application.
Steps to delete Skype account
As I mentioned earlier, it is absolutely important to delete Skype account if you no longer want to use it. In this section of my article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how you can delete Skype account easily. Here are the steps you need to take:
- First we go to the personal profile page for Skype users via the following link: https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile.
- Then we sign in to Skype account.
- The Profile page will open, and then click on edit profile, which is the name of the page.
- Then press the edit button to edit the personal information, which will change the first name and the second name by random names, then change the date of birth, then city and state, then click save.
- Then press Edit again to change the email address.
- Now we change the e-mail, then the mobile number, edit the number of the telephone and work, and write random numbers, and then press save.
- Now we have changed all the personal information completely, so we canceled the account and its data on Skype but the username will remain registered in Skype and if the user wants to delete it from Skype to communicate with the site and will delete the name at his request, but this process takes about two weeks by Skype.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it useful. Please don’t hesitate to ask your questions in the comments section.