If you own a smart phone, you definitely do the major part of your communications via your messaging apps. It is true that these apps have revolutionised the way we communicate but sometimes, you may want to get away from them for a while. One of the most popular messaging apps available is Kik messenger. This application is a great tool for contacting our friends or finding new friends. But you might have your own reasons for stopping to use Kik. If you no longer want to use this application, it is important that you delete your account before you remove the application from your device. Here is how you can delete Kik account temporarily or permanently.
Why to delete Kik account if you don’t use it
If you feel you are done with Kik and you no longer want to use it, you might assume uninstalling the application alone would suffice. But the fact is that if you just remove the application, your account will be left there unattended and this will create the chance for hackers to hack Kik account. So if you are intending on not using Kik application for a while or permanently, you definitely need to delete Kik account before you uninstall the application.
How to delete Kik account temporarily
There are times when you need to get away from Kik for a while. In this case, you will need to deactivate Kik just for a while. Fortunately, Kik allows you to delete Kik temporarily. Here are the steps you need to take in order to do so:
- Go to Kik deactivation page on your web browser
- Enter the email address associated with your Kik account in the box
- Tap on Go! and a message will be sent to your email
- Check email for a message from Kik and open it
- Click on the Deactivate button that you can see in the email
These steps will temporarily make your Kik account unavailable. You will also be asked to complete a survey on why you are deactivating your Kik account.
How to delete Kik account permanently
If you think that you will no longer use Kik application and there is no coming back, you can delete Kik account permanently. By doing this, your account will be deleted. Here are all the steps you need to take.
- Go to Kik delete account page on your web browser
- Enter your username
- Enter your email address associated with your Kik account
- Select a reason why you want to delete Kik account
- Check the box and click on Go!
- Check your email for a message from Kik and open it
- Click on Permanently Deactivate to delete your account